Cut the carbs and add in the nutrients with our “No-Rice Burrito Bowl.” Substitute rice with shredded cauliflower, pack in the protein with beans and ground turkey, and kick up the flavor with our easy tex-mex spice mix!
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (or meat of your choice)
- 1 cup shredded cauliflower
- 1 8 oz can black beans (or beans of your choice), Drained and rinsed
- 1 6 oz can ROTEL
- 1 TBS Chili Powder
- 1 TBS Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt
Top with your favorites… We used part skim shredded mozzarella cheese, diced avocado and salsa!
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan, medium heat
- Add chopped onion, cook for about 2 minutes
- Mix in ground turkey
- Stir in Salt, chili powder and cumin
- Add beans, cauliflower and ROTEL, mix together then cover for about 5 minutes
- Transfer Burrito mix to a bowl and add your favorite toppings!