Sizzling Southwest Soup & Skinny Margarita!
It may be spring, but rain and chilly weather is still sticking around. Warm up your weekend with our “Sizzling Southwest Soup,” and what better to enjoy it with a guilt free “Skinny Margarita!” Sip your way into spring with these Heuser approved delights!
Sizzling Southwest Soup
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small white onion, diced
1 green pepper, chopped
2 red tomatoes, diced
1 cup yellow corn
6 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 jalapeños, diced
1 14.5 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
3 chicken breasts, boneless, cooked shredded (or chopped)
Juice from 2 limes
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 cup shredded fat free cheese of your choice
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil
- Add minced garlic, let it lightly brown
- Add diced onion, cook until it sweats
- Combine green peppers and tomatoes to the mixture, let cook for a few minutes
- Add corn, let cook for a minute
- Add chicken broth, cover the pot until the soup is boiling
- Remove cover and add the chicken, lime juice, jalapeños, avocado, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot for 10 minutes
- Serve and top with shredded cheese!
1 Shot lime juice
1 tbs orange juice
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs water
1 Shot Tequila
1 tbs organic honey
Stir togeather and enjoy!