I am tired… I am too busy… It is too nice outside… I don’t feel like it… Have you ever heard say of these phrases? You aren’t alone! There are so many things that happen in this crazy world of ours. We understand that it makes it tough to get to the gym sometimes.
However, just because it is tough doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make an attempt to workout. There is a big difference between an excuse and a reason. Don’t let an excuse you made up be the reason you don’t achieve your fitness goals. Here are 7 reasons people claim they can’t make it to the gym, and 7 reasons why it may just be an excuse.
1. Waiting to start fresh
You hear it all the time. “It’s the holidays! I will start again first of the year.” Or, “I am going to wait until after vacation.” “I will start after Derby.” – We understand life happens, but don’t let that be the reason for losing all your progress! The saying “you don’t use it, you lose it” couldn’t be more true. If you have an opportunity to exercise, don’t delay it… just do it!
2. The game is on
- THE BROWNS MADE THE SUPER BOWL! Yeah that will never happen, but if my team did make it I wouldn’t miss it for the world! However… when you find out your team is going to be in the big game, you have time to plan. – Plan ahead! Exercise earlier in the day, go to the gym a different day that week. Bring a healthier option to the viewing party and eat that! (Check out our food blog for idea! http://heuserhealth.com/category/nutrition/). Go watch the game and have fun.
3. Being Lazy
- “I’m tired… I don’t feel like it… It’s too hot and I don’t feeling like going outside… exercise is boring.” – Take a moment and remind yourself why you started exercising! To lose weight? For your kids? To improve your health? Whatever your reason is, find it in yourself to make the healthiest version of yourself.
- If you don’t know what you are doing at the gym, it can be intimidating. Especially if you are trying to maximize your workouts you really need to push yourself in the gym. That means using heavier weights and trying new exercises so that you aren’t doing the same thing over and over. – At Heuser Health you are working with experienced exercised physiologists who have been working in this field for years. We will help you overcome your fears
- “I don’t have time to make it to the gym because of work.” I am sure this has happened before! Unfortunately this happens to the best of us. Work does get in the ways sometimes and you have to make ends meet. – Things aren’t always going to go as planned. But you have to be flexible. You may have to get up on the weekend and exercise or get up earlier in the day to get an early morning workout. Even 30 minutes is better than nothing.
6. Out of Supplements
- I mean c’mon…
7. Lack of Clothing
- You do need to have proper clothing in order to exercise. You know when you are running out of things to wear! – Plan accordingly and wash your clothes before you run out of them. I have faith in your ability to do this.
When it comes down to it, there are a ton of obstacles that will come your way. Just because it is tough to make time doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. Some of the best things in life are very difficult to accomplish, especially maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Don’t let excuses be “reasons” for not coming to the gym. You owe it to yourself to become the healthiest version of yourself. You can do it!