Skinny Chicken Pot Pie
Every now and then a recipe comes along that blows the rest to the curb. Our Skinny Chicken Pot Pie is sure to be a favorite during the cold months ahead. We’ve cut calories, but not flavor by using non fat greek yogurt (19 grams protein a serving)! For the crust, we use Bisquick® Heart Smart® Pancake and Baking Mix, an excellent source of calcium and is naturally low in cholesterol. It’s low fat with 0% trans fat. Its light and will give you the satisfaction of the real thing.
- Two large free range chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 2 cups sliced Carrots
- 2 cups brocoli
- 2 cups sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups non fat greek yogurt
- Spice mix (rosemary, sage, parsley, thyme 1 Tsp each)
- 1 packet Alfredo sauce mix
- 4 1/2 cups Bisquick® Heart Smart® Pancake and Baking Mix
- Mixed with another cup and 1/2 of skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees
- In a large skillet add two large free range chicken breasts, cubed and 2 cups low sodium chicken broth. Let cook on medium high heat for 3 minutes, then set aside.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil, medium high heat.
- Add 1 large yellow onion, diced. Let sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 celery stalks, diced, 2 cups sliced Carrots, 2 cups broccoli , 2 cups sweet corn (fresh or frozen), and 2 cups white mushrooms (sliced)
- Cover and let cook for 3 minutes
- Transfer chicken and broth into the pot
- Add 1 cup skim milk, 2 cups non fat greek yogurt and mix well
- Mix in spice mix. Rosemary, sage, parsley, and thyme 1 Tsp each.
- Add 1 packet Alfredo sauce mix and stir until powder is dissolved
- Cover and Let cook for another 3 minutes, uncover and bring to a simmer
- In a large bowl combine 4 1/2 cups Bisquick® Heart Smart® Pancake and Baking Mix and 1 1/2 cup skim milk.
- Fold until the mix becomes a firm dough.
- Roll out dough on a flat surface.
- Using a cup, separate dough into individual circles.
- Transfer chicken and vegetable mix into a large backing dish.
- Place the dough on top until surface is covered.
- Bake in oven at 425 Degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool and sit for 15 minutes before serving.