How It Works
All new Heuser members attend the Heuser Nutrition Seminar. During this, members will:
- Gain an understanding of the five components of our diet – fats, proteins, carbohydrates, water and nutrients
- Become educated on how we use food to fuel and repair our bodies
- Discuss what to eat when and how nutrition affects us daily, weekly and over the long term
- Understand why proper diet is necessary to reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and other chronic illnesses
- Learn how to calculate their basal metabolic rate and create a caloric deficit
- And receive basic tips on lowering cholesterol, maintaining healthy blood sugar levels, and increasing lean muscle mass via diet.
Members will create a 5-month weight loss goal and calculate what their daily/weekly/monthly calorie deficits have to be in order to reach that goal.
Members are encouraged to keep a daily food diary to gain control of eating habits. While not always sustainable over a lifetime, we believe that keeping a food diary for few months really helps drive awareness of our nutrition, resulting in more quality eating choices forever.