We know breakfast is an important meal, but are you making the most out of it? Here are 5 common mistakes that are easy to make!
1) Not enough PROTEIN – protein builds muscle and revs metabolism
2) Not enough GOOD FAT – great for your heart and helps to burn fat
3) Not enough FIBER – controls blood sugar, fills us up, clears arteries
4) Too many simple carbohydrates – causes energy crashes
5) Typical breakfast: cereal/oatmeal, toast, fruit, juice (NOTHING BUT CARBS!)
Eating a high-carbohydrate breakfast will limit fat-burning during exercise and also create a sugar roller-coaster that will leave you tired and hungry soon after. Protein, Good-Fats and Complex Carbs will provide you with long-lasting energy and allow you to burn fat during your workout.
If you want to increase energy and watch fat disappear, select an item from each of the following columns and you’re on the way!
Organic Free Range Eggs
Turkey (not just for lunch!)
Organic, Grass-fed meats
Turkey Sausage (no nitrates)
Carb Master Mill
Coconut Oil to cook with
Grass-Fed Butter (Kerry’s Gold)
Natural Peanut Butter
Red Palm Oil
Any Veggie (spinach, broccoli, kale, squash, asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, onions etc)
Small Fruit (Berries, apple, peach, grapefruit etc)
Ezekiel or Coconut Bread