Figuring out the best way to make a cookie healthy is not easy. We tried baking many different ways and settled on this delicious Oatmeal Cran Cookie. We substituted coconut oil instead of butter, applesauce and honey for sweetness, and whole wheat flour instead of white. These cookies and sugar free and so good to “ch-eat.” P.S if you want to add some protein, throw a scoop-in the mixture.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup coconut oil (Melted, but still gooey)
- 1 large cage free egg
- 3-4 TBS honey (depending how sweet you want)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix applesauce, coconut oil, egg, honey and vanilla extract.
- In a separate large bowl mix rolled oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and dried cranberries.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix till you have that cookie dough texture
- divide the mixture into 1-1 1/2 balls and place on a parchment covered baking sheet
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes then enjoy!